Thursday 8 March 2012

KONY 2012 - the power of the people



(My thoughts on the KONY movement)


Haters gonna hate.
But when the line is blurred,
There’s always two sides pulling at the strings
Of your heart,
Because it’s so easy to hurt.

Who are you to say what’s worthy or what’s not?
Or, if my intentions are of well to be thought?

‘Cause when you’re saying what’s right and what’s wrong,
You’re just as bad as them;
The side your hating on.

So haters gonna hate
But I’ma gonna love.
Because hate is the thing that wars are made of.

...peace, love and free speech...



I was so inspired (as the rest of the world was) by the force of the KONY 2012 movement.
I have thought about it for a day now and decided that it's brilliant.
They have flipped the marketing strategy normally used for capitalism on itself. Against itself really.
They made helping, hip, cool and attractive to a younger generation. Obviously, it worked.
There was so much negativity from people on Facebook about something that people joined and re-posted with the best of intentions. I think that we should definitely do our research, so as to have something to base our opinions on. However, people should not be put down because the jumped at the chance to make a difference. I think it's a great idea and if nothing else, it shows us our power that we should have been exercising all along, concerning issues closer to home.
I'm going to give my support to KONY 2012. 

No comments:

Post a Comment