Monday 27 February 2012

Reactions and Reviews

Here are my Oscar reactions and a couple film reviews. Good ones!

BEST ADAPTED SCREENPLAY
The Descendants
Meh.

BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY
Midnight in Paris
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSS!!!!!

BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS
Octavia Spencer, The Help
Very good job by Octavia, glad to see the Help get a win.

BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR
Christopher Plummer, Beginners
Yes, Christopher Plummer was really superb. 

BEST ACTRESS
Meryl Streep, The Iron Lady

I hear Meryl Streep gave an outstanding performance. The best should always win. Although I know may were rooting for Viola Davis and Michelle Williams.


I Have yet to see the Artist. But I think from the hype we all knew it was a shoe in.
BEST PICTURE
The Artist


BEST DIRECTOR
Michel Hazanavicius, The Artist

BEST ACTOR
Jean Dujardin, The Artist





BEGINNERS


Love this movie!
The Director gets his's point across so well and thoughtfully. The whole movie is structurally sound, yet still is very funny and quirky. I was first told of it by my mom, (it didn't have that much advertising) and then I watched the trailer, I quickly knew I was going to love it, and didn't even finish it. Ewan McGregor, Christopher Plummer, and Mélanie Laurent, yes! They really couldn't have gone wrong, but the whole movie is excellent. The only thing I found a little off putting for some reason was Goran Visnjic's character of Christopher Plummer's partener. His character is well written, but he gives a truly awkward interpretation of it, and I just don't see the purpose, or where it comes from.  Other than that little slip up it's a wonderful love and other stuff story that is just sappy enough to keep your attention though the serious scenes. Watch it!





MY WEEK WITH MARILYN


This one was ok. It was a good movie, but it almost hurt a little to watch it, because it could have been amazing. Michelle Williams was spectacular, she was Marilyn. Every scene with her, you really couldn't take your eyes off of of the screen. But pretty much every other part of the movie was sub-parr. From the fleeting cinematography, to the choppy unfinished plot/characters it just didn't savour what it really had. Nevertheless it's still worth watching to see its retro aesthetic and Michelle Williams, just don't expect too much otherwise. 


No comments:

Post a Comment