Saturday 28 January 2012

Moneyball


Moneyball, staring Brad Pitt was surprisingly real. 
It wasn’t what I had expected at all. It’s not a film about motivating a team or bringing together some lovable misfit players. It is about trying to beat the system. This film isn’t sugar coated. Although, it has some real touching and wonderful human moments. It goes beyond a sport film, and for me it wasn’t really even about baseball. It was more about a man’s pride, regrets and family life struggling against his job. I also enjoyed having Jonah Hill (Get Him To The Greek) in there for a little comedic relief. For the sports fans this probably has that little extra something. I was a little lost with the technical rules of play, but even for a non-fan it was very interesting to see unfold. 

Rating: So far out of all I’ve seen/read, it looks like a front runner. Though, for me, there is just something missing for a “best picture”. Still a great film.



No comments:

Post a Comment